Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

Fascinating Search For Gratitude



1.As time advances in life I will come across more people, circumstances,and experiences.Will I use my varied experiences to feel more thankful and appreciative,and positive?Or will I passively allow myself to reflect critical and unfulfilled,and negative emotions that I copy from other “intelligent” people?

 2. Why is thanking  people important for me?Why is thanking and blessing my life and the world beneficial fro me?

3.When do I thank people,life,and the world the most?When they give me something tangible in return, only then?Can I thank things in life and the world even when I personally do not gain anything out of it?What do I stand to lose?Who does this free thanksgiving  make me?

4.Do I find myself stronger or weaker, after thanking life ,the world and people?Either way,when has my thankfulness in life ever harmed me?Do I agree or disagree with the statement that “gratitude multiplies your success & abundance”?

5.What do I think of people who thank, praise ,appreciate things and people easily?Do I feel better without thanking, blessing,appreciating and praising things and people?Do I think I appear unintelligent and dis empowered by thanking things and people?If not why can I not thank more?

6.Do I like the country ,the city,the neighbourhood where I live?Have I thanked things enough for these silent blessings?even if I don’t like things ,can I still hope for a better tomorrow and thank and bless the better neighbourhood,city,and country?

7.Where is my focus mostly?On thanking and praising,or on criticizing and condemning?Do I blame others ,and outer circumstances for not praising and appreciating things and people more often?Have I applied my mind to more creative ways of appreciating and thanking people and things around me?

8. Blessing and thanking someone or something in advance always empowers favourable  outcomes .Can I bless my future?Can I overcome my social conditioning and think creatively?Is there any harm if I bless my future and thank it ,even if I do not see it clearly yet? 9.Is there anything in my life that I cherish the most?Can I expand my feeling of  happiness,fulfillment,joy and greatness about it?Can I devote more time to thanking it than anything else?Is there only one aspect of my life like this?Can I think of more?Can I thank more?

9.How can I find easier ways of thanking blessing and appreciating more in life?

10.What about my past fulfills me and pleases me the most?How many incidents of my past are pleasant?How many people do I cherish to remember?Can I thank my past for bringing me so much happiness through people and events?Can I thank and bless my past for my great experiences?

11.Do I thank myself for being myself?Do I even consider this important?Do I know the value of my own uniqueness?Can I build an appreciation for myself and others aligned with this value?Can I begin to thank myself and my uniqueness today onwards?

12.How difficult or easy  is it for me to thank someone,appreciate someone,praise someone?Do I intend to praise and thank people only for “spectacular” things they do?Why can I not do it for the ordinary stuff as well?Have I thanked and appreciated people enough in my life?Can I make a change now?What is stopping me?

13.Why must I not thank and bless my life with the kind of good food that I am able to eat in sufficient quantity?Even If I do not have it right now can I thank the possibility of enjoying it in future?Have I thanked my future this way?

14.What can I look around for in my visual range that I can thank?What can I thank life for, within my audio range?What can I thank life for within my ability to taste and smell?have I thanked life enough for these things?

15.When  did I last stop and look at a sunset or a a sunrise just to thank the magnificence of the panorama before me?Have I stopped myself and appreciated the beauty of nature in life? Appreciation and gratitude towards the cosmos is also a service of a silent kind.How often can I do it,now that I am aware?

16.Do I have a normal life with family, friends and associates to relate to everyday?Can I imagine what it must be like for someone to live in prison,in solitary confinement?Have I thanked my freedom and good luck?

17.Can I walk,can I move my hands and grasp ?Would I like to exchange places with a paraplegic or a quadriplegic?Have I thanked my blessings enough?

18.Can I see?Would I like to exchange my sight with a blind man?Have I thanked my sight enough?

19.However much I may be surrounded by problems,at least I am breathing and living.Would I like to exchange my moments with someone who is breathing his last in an ICU ,at the extreme end of a terminal disease.Can I thank my life enough for every living moment?


20.Without this breath that I inhale and exhale every moment of my life I would not be alive.Have I thanked my breath that moves through me every minute ,in and out?Do I know what would happen if I could not breathe for a moment?

No comments: